Events Around the London Marathon
April 21 2013 is the day when thousands take to the streets to run the gruelling 26 mile / 42.2km race, the London Marathon considered the world’s largest marathon. The month of April is dedicated to days of countless events from functions to fundraisers, and of course, other races.
If you’re not quite up to lacing up your running shoes to run the full marathon, there are plenty of other exciting events to take part in, better still, why not do it for charity:
- • Adidas Silverstone Half Marathon – The perfect pre marathon warm up that takes place at Silverstone’s historic racing circuit.
- • The Bupa London 10,000 – UK’s leading 10km race.
- • The Standard Chartered Great City Race – An easy 5km race.
- • The Bupa Westminster Mile – How quick can you run a mile?
- • Virgin Money Giving Mini London Marathon – Perfect for young people, the 3 mile mini marathon is the official UK road running championships for athletes aged 11-17.
With the marathon just days away, if you’ve been or are planning an event (especially one at such short notice) you’ll need expert service with quick turnaround and a large supply of catering and furniture hire options to ensure that it’s not just the start gun that goes off with a bang.
Hosting outdoors is a great way to entertain, especially if the weather holds. If you’re looking for bar equipment hire, LED Bar Units or LED Tables, garden furniture or BBQs, we have an array of options to suit your requirements and your budget. Depending on the weather, Allens Hire has you covered with our range of pagodas, parasols and patio heaters.