TERMS OF BUSINESS OF ALLENS CATERING & FURNITURE HIRE
Extended Hire Rates
Weekends (Friday to Monday) and bank Holidays will be charged at one hire period only.
3- 4days = One hire period x 1.5
up to 1 week = One hire period x 2
up to 2 weeks =One hire period x 4
up to 3 weeks =One hire period x 5
up to 4 weeks = One hire period x 6
Longer periods subject to negotiation.
Terms of Hire
Our goods are offered for hire subject to the general conditions for hire established by the Hire Association Europe. These are printed on the reverse of the hire contract or you can read our full terms & conditions.
High level provisions and further conditions are outlined below:
- Goods at all times remain the property of the Company.
- The Hirer is responsible for any loss or damage to the goods, from time of delivery until the goods are returned back to Allens' warehouse. Deliveries left at premises unattended are left at the Hirer's risk.
- We ask for a minimum of 20% or £150 deposit whichever is the greater when placing an order and payment in full two weeks' prior to delivery, except when account facilities have been granted by prior arrangement.
- The deposit will be refundable subject to the balance against losses and breakages.
- Damage, shortages, and breakages will be charged for at replacement prices shown on the invoice. We will take back and credit any shortages if the goods are returned within 14 days of invoice, however extended hire charges will be applied.
- A washing up charge of 20% of the hire price will be made on applicable items which allows you to return them soiled.
- Service is "door-to-door". Where delivery entails our staff taking goods to specific rooms or having to reassemble equipment after use and extra time is involved additional charges will be made. The Hirer is responsible for checking goods on delivery.
- Please make sure goods are repacked ready for collection.
- Charges for delivery and collection will be quoted when an order is made. Hirers should ensure that they or their representatives are at the delivery address and it is assumed that they will ensure adequate parking facilities. If, in the event, adequate provision is not made and parking fines are incurred as a result, these will be passed onto the hirer. We will appeal all parking fines which would then be reimbursed to the client if successful. Charges will also be made for any wasted journeys.
- No responsibility can be taken for injury caused by use of goods and equipment hired.
- No responsibility can be taken for damage caused by use of goods and equipment hired. Particular attention should be paid to surfaces on which water boilers, burner rings, hot plates, hot cupboards, and bain maries are standing.
- A charge will be made for any packing boxes, cartons etc not returned.
- We reserve the right to substitute articles of a similar or superior quality.
- We reserve the right to charge interest on outstanding accounts at the rate of 2% interest per month.
- Cancellation charges will apply as follows:
- Within 7 days : 100%
- Within 14 days : 75%
- Prior to 14 days : 50%
- All prices listed are EXCLUSIVE OF V.A.T.
- All account customer invoices should be settled within 30 days.